Friday, October 26, 2012

Fnal Walk-Through

W/ all of the craziness going on I forgot to put up the vids of our final walk-through. I half-way don't want to jinx it but here they go anyway.

Uggh Part 2

So I know a few ppl were wondering what happened yesterday.... We didn't close =-(

The same day I wrote my last post I got a call from our loan officer saying that NVR is now transferring us to another Mortgage company b/c they think a 3rd party company can get us closed faster than if they start the process over again w/ a different loan type.

I know I haven't let you guys in on all of the details but I will say that we have done EVERYTHING asked of us during this entire process. Anytime we were asked for anything they had it within 24 hrs (usually less) of them asking. We have been organized, documented everything and have been well prepared so it is baffling that we now have to be switched over to another company 2 weeks after our original closing date. I think communication has been such a hard thing b/c we have been trying so hard to stay on top of everything so we would not be in this situation.

The thing that adds insult to injury for me is that we are getting married in 3 weeks which means we have to start paying our balances to our vendors starting next week... we don't know what the timeline will be w/ this new lender and now we are hoping that paying for our wedding will not throw off everything. we had been telling them from the start that we had to be closed before November so this exact thing wouldn't happen... but alas we are here anyway.

I am just so bummed, my SR called yesterday and I couldn't help crying on the phone with her b/c we really feel like we did everything that we could to prevent this and everything that was asked of us, not to mention every time we asked for an update we were told we were fine and everything looked good

At this point there is nothing we can do but throw our hands up and wait and continue praying about this whole situation but I am so emotionally drained and I hate it b/c like I said I am 3 weeks from getting married to my best friend  and I really wanted to be on cloud 9 right now... actually thinking about that is making me happier so I guess I will just focus on that until I hear some good news

Thanks blog community for letting me vent this is helping me control my emotions a bit and your thoughts, prayers and well wishes are very much appreciated... Thanks

P.S- We did consider the option to walk away from this whole process and re-visit it after everything calms down from the wedding but no one from NVR is giving us info on how to go about that and they swear they can get us closed with this other company, so like I always say... we shall see..

Tuesday, October 23, 2012


 I am fighting back tears of frustration right now and it is taking EVERYTHING w/in me not to post my rant right now.... But I promised Chris that I wouldn't so I won't....

But I will say this

We are 2 days away from our 2nd proposed closing date 10/25... 2 weeks after what was supposed to be our date of 10/11. We still HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM NVR W/ A CLEAR TO CLOSE OR A CONFIRMED CLOSING DATE as of yet.... you have had 2 extra weeks wtf is going on?!?!?!?!

Friday, October 12, 2012

bumps in the road

 we were supposed to close yesterday the 11th, but due to some issues w/ NVR  we are now pushed back to around the 25th (we still don't have a finalized date yet)

we were however able to do our final walk-through on Wednesday and I will post pics/video of that in a little bit.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Week 8- Almost done

So last week was week 8 and we were almost complete. We didn't go down week 7 but when we went down last Thursday for a meeting w/ our PM things were looking good.

They started our landscaping and we got our Black Door while we were down there ( I love my black door =-)  ) , we had our stove and microwave installed, the dishwasher was in the box and we were still waiting for the washer, dryer and fridge ( they were supposed to be delivered this past Monday). We have our flooring and they were also putting on the final coat of paint while we were there and our PM said they would go back and touch up spots if need be throughout this week.

We are just super excited about everything coming to a close and being able to move in. We are scheduled to close next Thursday 10/11/12 ( I love that date now) and we were able to lock in @ 3.5 % woo hoo!!!  We were officially approved back in January ( I know we have been at this for a while lol) and we were supposed to be waiting for re-approval. We have been playing the waiting game with NVR and have sent them everything they have asked for. The last time we had heard anything  from them was 9/22 so we went from playing the waiting game to playing the stalking game ( leaving multiple voice mails a day in hopes of a return phone call) Well today while playing the stalking game we actually were able to get in touch with our loan officer and she told us we were pretty much holding our breath for nothing. She was like " Oh you have been approved since the first time we did this, we just needed updated information, but you guys are good to go"... thanks I would really liked to have known this weeks ago so I wasn't stressing over if we were cleared to close or not.... but anyway woohoo again!!!

Here are some pics in any order blogger sees fit lol

Working on the landscaping package

Butterscotch Oak Flooring... I really wanted Gunstock but it was too late by the time I realized we had the wrong color... It's still nice though

Realized this is the only picture we have of the carpet color: White Fox

Our Tree and our Black Door... I really like the way everything turned out